2012年10月11日星期四

White wow gold Ironstone Soup Tureen

Hello. I am new to this group and new to antiques. I have attached photos of tureen. I found it at a donation store. It is a white ironstone soup tureen. the seal on bottom indicates that it was made in England circa 1840-1860 by Joseph Furnival. It is in incredibly good condition for its' age. One hairline crack on inside of lid near ladle opening, no chips or repairs. I have searched on line and have not seen this pattern on any other white ironstone china. It measures approximately 11" tall 14" long and 9" wide. Does anyone know what this is worth?

Permalink Reply by wow items Walter Del Pellegrino on February 11, 2010 at 11:44am

The correct name is Jacob, not Joseph, Furnival. The pattern is known as "Hidden Vine". Finding pieces by wow gold this manufacturer is not as unusual as you might think and there are a number of pieces, including tureens, always being offered on various internet auctions. Prices for examples of tureens from this maker currently vary between $75 to $300 but none of these seem to be attracting much attention from potential buyers.

When you ask "What is this worth?" you are asking a very subjective question. In general, its worth whatever someone buy wow gear is willing to pay for it. You have to do your own research and study prices realized at various auctions to get a realistic idea of true value. You will need to discover what comparative items have sold for in your local area in both retail situations and at local auctions as well as on internet auctions. Good luck.

Permalink Reply by Lori Cook on February 11, 2010 at 5:56pm

Hi Walter, thanks for your reply. I did as much research on my own as possible on the internet, but couldn't find a large soup tureen, only smaller vegetable dishes. I did make a mistake and type Jacob instaead of Joseph Furnival. I did sent some pics to the White Ironstone China Association. They e-mailed me back and said it was the "hidden motif" labeled by the guru of JF Ironstone China, I guess she found only bottom pieces of some china at first, and didn't know what the motif was without the top piece. They also said that one member has an extra undertray for this piece. wow! I learned allot. Ironstone China is a little too expensive for me to collect. I live in Arizona, and don't have as many antiques out here. We do, however, have lots of Native American collectibles here.
More articles come from the:http://www.buywowgold.nl/wow-gold-eu.html

没有评论:

发表评论