2012年9月2日星期日

The wow gold True Value Of Bell Ross

You may think you know watches, but let be real -- you just don Let me, a true horological aficionado, enlighten your plebeian minds as to what makes a real watch, what you should wear when and what to do with those old watches of yours. All the opinions expressed by the Watch Snob are my own, and are just that -- opinions. For now, let the Watch Snob reign.

I own the following watches: Rolex Daytona, Nardin Maxi Diver, Nardin Quadrato, IWC UTC, Panerai 212, Panerai 242, and a Bell Ross 01-92. Please no Panerai jokes, the two I have are unique and the 242 is hard to find (300 made). I basically have a watch for every occasion and see little need to add to the collection. There are many watches costing $15,000 and up that I find to be attractive, but I have little desire to own, save a Patek. Second, and up is an interesting way to phrase your question. Are you implying that there is nothing you can afford? If this is the case, then you should look at the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Grande Complication (MSRP ~$650,000), the Ma du Temps Chapter One (MSRP ~$395,000) and the Jaeger Lecoultre Gyrotourbillon 1 (MSRP ~$330,000). Oh, you can afford those? My mistake.

I own a two-tone Nautilus that I inherited from my grandfather a few years ago. I love it, not only because wow gold it a great watch, but because it also has sentimental value. Although it a sports watch, as you mentioned in a previous post, I try not to use it too much. Recently, I been looking at other more rugged watches. I really like the square Bell Ross watches, but my dad, who is more of a watch snob, says it tacky. What do you think?

You grandfather Nautilus is a classic, cherish that. On to the Bell Ross: They are good-looking watches and I know many people like them. However, wow gold they do something that is almost inexcusable in the eyes of the Watch Snob. Bell Ross is a prime example of a company that is selling nothing more than a cool-looking case and a dynamite marketing plan. Every single one of its watches use nothing more than a stock, off-the-shelf ETA automatic movement, the same movement you can buy yourself for around $300. Yet, the price of the average Bell Ross hovers around $4,500.

You tell me: Are you OK paying that much money knowing how much the movement costs and that it not even its own? Hell, even its $163,000 Tourbillon Phantom watch uses a movement bought from somebody else.

Watches are as much a craft as they are an accessory, and while I don find the looks wow items of the Bell Ross line to be tacky like your father, I do find everything else about them to be distasteful and utterly offensive. A watch is about the entire package, not just its appearance. Any large watch company not making its own movement is not making a watch at all; they just playing dress-up.

question from wow items a watch knob Hey Watch Snob,

While I do appreciate and fully support the way you call out all the Millionaire douche bags wearing Panerai and U-Boats and the like, I also think someone needs to call you out on being a Millionaire douche bag.

I mean, seriously, I understand that quality costs money, and that it does potentially make fiscal sense to spend a decent lump of cash on a watch you can wear everyday for the rest of your life and pass down to your kids and what not, but $10K-plus watches are just plain ridiculous.

You are clearly one of those fools who thinks owning a Patek Philippe or an A. Lange Sohne or Vacheron Constantin makes you a real man or better than everyone else. I am one of those fools who will laugh directly in your face and call you a moron for spending that much on a watch.

Hopefully someday our paths will randomly cross so I can stick my $100 Skagen right up next to your $40K Patek and laugh in your face.

You know what, maybe you right. Maybe I had it wrong all along, and my penchant for haute horology is really just compensation for my lack of a personality and lackluster libido. Then again, maybe you have no idea what you talking about, clearly being raised in a fly-over state. No self-respecting man above the age of 25 should be wearing anything less than a $5,000 watch, with an in-house movement of course. If you wear a nice watch, you be surrounded by successful people and live a lucrative life. You show me your $100 Skagen, and I show you the $100 Scotch that Sheamus and I drink every night at the club. You tell me who having more fun.
source:http://www.wowgoldpo.fr

没有评论:

发表评论