2012年9月30日星期日

How much do you spend on groceries per week on 1 person

I typically spend ($70-80?) on food other groceries each week for two of us. That covers packed lunches and all meals because we rarely eat out. Some tips that might help you spend less.

Plan your meals a day or wow items two ahead trying to use up some of your cupboard contents rather than stockpiling things you already have.

Only go into a supermarket once a week. keep vegetables in the fridge so that they last longer. The more often you pop into a supermarket for a couple of items the more often you come out having spent on things you probably didn't need anyway

Set aside your food budget in cash and use that when you go shopping or eating out. When the cash runs out you know to eat the food in your cupboards and not go buying yet more.

Buy basic 'ingredients' rather than ready-made or packaged food - especially 'diet' or '100 cal packs'. rolled oats rather than fancy breakfast cereals. It's much cheaper

Buy own-brands or brand-free foods rather than branded. All you're paying for often is a fat advertising budget and fancy packaging.

Eat less meat wow items and more beans and other vegetarian foods. Make meat a 'treat'

Original Post by gi-jane:

As an experiment once, I decided not to go grocery shopping in favour of using up all the things in the cupboards freezer. With a few exceptions like fresh milk I managed to go a full two and a half weeks just by creating meals out of food I already had available. Wasn't always the most exciting menu, admittedly. Expect some households could go even longer than that.

I do this regularly, and am always surprised how long I can go wow items (sometimes about 2 weeks!) before I really HAVE to go to the store. Of course I'm not eating fresh, raw vegetables by that point, but I have plenty of frozen veg protein as well as staples like beans, lentils, brown rice.

Hubby and I have a $250/month grocery shopping budget, which comes out to approximately $65/week for two people. When I lived alone, I stuck to a $150/month budget. Yes, wow gold we like simple, staple meals, and don't usually go for the "trendy" veggies/meats - which are usually more expensive. I'll just add that if I'm "running low" on things close to that last week of the month, I will hold off on going to the store as much as possible - the only exception is if we need milk, or if an item that is typically really expensive (Kashi cereal, for example) has come on sale and will go back to its regular price by the next budget cycle.

It really helps me stick to our grocery budget if I stock up on things when they come on sale (frozen veggies, chicken buy wow gear breast, cereal, coffee, etc). Typically sales happen on a cycle, so if you plan it well enough and stock up, you can usually make it to the next sale. Of course, that means having enough space to store things ;) And the funds to be able to spend a whole bunch in one fell swoop! The savings do add up, though, if you are able to do it.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Hope some of this helped.

edited to add a few more thoughts.

I can spend between $20-$60 for myself depending on where I shop and what I need to buy. It always seems like I run out of everything at once, and then I'm out stocking up on lots of items. but then other weeks, I just need to pick up some more fruits and veggies and eggs and such.

I recently started going to a cheaper market nearby, though, and wow gold I am so thrilled by it. The last time I went there to buy food for a dinner, and got 5 steaks, and other fruits and veggies for $12. And it was delicious.

Original Post by gi-jane:

As an experiment once, I decided not to go grocery shopping in favour of using up all the things in the cupboards freezer. With a few exceptions like fresh milk I managed to go a full two and a half weeks just by creating meals out of food I already had available. Wasn't always the most exciting menu, admittedly. Expect some households could go even longer than that.

I do this. I do a lot of preserving of my food during the harvest so I've got an entire year worth of canned and frozen food. We purchase a side of beef from one of our friends every year. This year we are raising our own beef so we won't have to purchase that any more. So I spend about 30.00 a week for a family of 7. This is just for bread and milk and the other essentials we need. If hubby goes he spends more, but he just buys junk food.

I've put a dent in my freezers, I opened them up this weekend and thought, wow were starting to go through the stash. lol

Original Post by gi-jane:

As an experiment once, I decided not to go grocery shopping in favour of using up all wow items the things in the cupboards freezer. With a few exceptions like fresh milk I managed to go a full two and a half weeks just by creating meals out of food I already had available. Wasn't always the most exciting menu, admittedly. Expect some households could go even longer than that.

In the winter of '08-'09, we got snowed in and couldn't get to the highway for 20 days. It took several days to dig down to our root cellar door, and then we were fine until we ran out of bread. We had yeast and books though, so learned how to make our own bread. We have been making our own bread ever since.

We spend between 30 and 60 a week for the two of us, and we eat really well but not a ton of meat. It would be nearly half that if we didn't get our meat, eggs, cheese, and veggies from Farm to City. (A buying club that gets goods from local farms and artisans)
source:http://www.wowgoldpo.fr

没有评论:

发表评论